Saturday, June 5, 2010

Change and Perceptions.

Hope, is the oil of the machinery of your life, they say. Well, I agree rather gleefully. I am the biggest optimist you'll ever find, and believe me on this one. But right now, the point is not just me. It's about us. It's about me trying to be a visionary i was never meant to be. This note is rather random. Or maybe even more random than you imagined it to be. Use it to define entropy. I, in a shocking change of events, am rather confused, awed and troubled.

Life is a race, run till you find the end. Run till your last breath, and fall into the pit. Is it what all this is really about?! Is this why we work our arses off all day long, all night long?! Is this in a hope of a better tomorrow which only promises a better day after?! Well, i'd rather say these are unanswered rhetorics than anything else.

Friendship, love, hope, et al. Choke these up. Won't help you with your JEE, with your SAT. Be the ruthless bandit. Try and succeed. Try and run away from the grapples of life. Run till you enter the jaws of death. Anger, hate, despise, et al. Nurture them. Use them as fuel for this machine made to succeed at all odds. Be a criminal, but be at the echelon of success, at the pinnacle of glory. Is this all that it's come down to?!

“A poor life this if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare. ...” says a certain philanthropist. I am standing. I am staring. I try to picture it all in a positive light. I see my life progress with as much drama as there is in any other deserted gas pump. I am still. The whole effing problem is that I am JUST still. It just compounds the misery, adds to the desolation and boosts up the rage.

Bruce shouts,

“ And as you look all around at the world in dismay
What do you see, do you think we have learned
Not if you're taking a look at the war-torn affray
Out in the streets where the babies are burned ”

Yes boy, I want to be in the streets, mend them, heel them. I want to make this modern world a miracle. I want to change the money-snakes into diamonds for the poor. I want to do something out there! But wait, well, should i go?! The answer is staring right in my face, like the barrel of a .45 pistol which De Niro uses to slay the evil in Righteous Kill. NO.

I am not being a pessimist, or a misanthrope. I am being a hopeful, trying to fill some colour in my life along with a dream to do so for the millions out there on the streets. :) Pardon me Lord, if my vision is wrong. Pardon me everyone else who so much love me, if I believe that the world can be changed for the better, for good. Defy the world, defy rationality. Live life by your rules< the new motto. Stop being a coward, start being a hero! Let go of any mischance, take hold of even the smallest glitter of sunshine. There seems nothing more meaningful than what Steve Earle has to say,

“Someday I'm finally gonna let go
'Cause I know there's a better way
And I wanna know what's over that rainbow
I'm gonna get out of here someday”

Be a hero. Live your life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment