Saturday, June 5, 2010

Confirmed Guilty.

While everyone's out there celebrating the fact that Ajmal Kasab, the quite infamously famous man from our Pure Neighbor-land gets a death penalty, I've got some lamenting to do.

A Person, some Tom-Dick-Harry, comes to your house, kills your loved ones, takes away everything you ever had, and everything you will ever have, and walks away. What do you do? You watch in anguish, with your hands on your eyes, or you go and fight back?

“There was no option but death”, says the Honourable Judge. Period. I am no one to debate the rightness of the decision, but each and everyone of us has the right to question the rationality of the Law. Justice, they say, has been delivered. Where?! To whom!? To the girl who lost her leg? The boy who lost his parents? The parents who lost their son? The husband who lost his wife? The foreigner who earned crutches to walk on her entire life? The hundreds of us who lost our safety? The millions of us who lost our courage to fight back?

Well, I suggest an option, which i know will go nowhere beyond this note. Mutilate him. Crush him to death. Hack him to pieces. Feed him to hungry crocodiles. Let loose Black Mambas on him. Let him play the matador in the wildest bullfight. Throw him into the mob full of people who lost someone or something in the attack.

My friend tells me, well, who are we to take a life? What is the difference between them and us? Are we supposed to uphold the same life-taking values as they do? Are we also terrorists to take lives?

I used to think so till about two days back. And then, I read about this girl who lost her parents and her legs in the attack. Then, I think, wait a sec dood, if we let this carry on, maybe you are the next victim, or maybe I. Who knows.

With no offence meant, we Indians cannot act. We just cannot. Be it the so called rational restraints of society or the misplaced sense of conscience which we possess, but we cannot do something to prevent what is going to happen. Mr Shah makes a valid point in A Wednesday, “ We get used to things too fast”. We have the “chalta hai” attitude, which does not do good to fend off terror.

Well, we may not act, but we do have one simple option. Give the guy a bad death. The one he deserves. Let him die in a way so scary that no one else will ever dare to intrude our territory. My will to do something to stop these bastards is more than ever, and I will do as much as I can in the near future.

Lastly, supporting my friend's point, I may like to add something. An eye for an eye will make the world blind. So be it. Let us have an two eyes for an eye, a jaw for a tooth. I'd rather be blind than have myself butchered by these “messsengers of Him”.

Inquilab Zindabad.

1 comment: