Saturday, June 5, 2010

Life, Thank You so very much :)

I just saw the video of this guy named nick Vujicic. Weird Russian name, even a weirder guy I must say. I came into the video complaining about long Resonance lectures, bad tests, horrible life et al. I was asking God why i didn't have an Adidas ball to kick, a Nike pair of shoes to wear, or an original Chelsea jersey to show off. I was asking God why I didn't live in some upscale area of town, why i was not a big big guy, why had rough hair, etc. I was effing cribbing about every little thing on my body, inside my body and outside too.

So here I was, waiting for a video to buffer, waiting for my cell to ring, and thinking about how cruel life was to me. How it had landed me in shitty classes with people who were mad for some entrance to some college and on and on. There were a thousand qualms in my mind regarding things from not being able to run fast to not being a good football player to what not. I basically sucked to myself, and seemingly to the rest of the world.

The video buffered. And approximately four minutes and eleven seconds later, the complaints were replaced by a welling heart and a regret that i ever had complains about a thing called Life.

Nick Vujicic (I'm not his advertising agent or anything. :P) , what a man! WHAT A MAN! :) Of the boundless tales of human potential I've heard, from Hercules lifting mountains to Lincoln changing the world, the story which most appealed to me in every way, almost moved me to tears was the one of Mr. Nick. I cribbed for not being able to play football well, this guy had no legs. I cribbed because i couldn't solve maths sums well or did not have a good handwriting, this guy had no hands. :'(

It's heartening to know how deep the valleys of human potential really are, and how high they can take you in Life. Life's small pranks usually may incite you to commit suicide, just relieve yourself by writing an “I Quit” on your wall, and then be treated like a hero by school going children. Fine, get your fancy. Die. It's rather simple to say an I QUIT than saying I WILL and rise like a phoenix out of your own burnt ashes! It's rather simple to strangle yourself with a piece of rope than just undo the rope that Life ties in it's test to Nirvana, it is rather simple to blame the world of treating you like an ass rather than stop being the ass you are. It takes courage mind you, more than just courage, it takes a will to stand up and say a duck off to those little gnawing griefs of life.

Life's small prank turned not-so-small for the big guy Nick Vujicic. Poor chap was born with a chicken drumstick for a leg and no hands at all. Today, he sports the biggest smile in the world. :')

I urge everyone to see the video on YouTube, not because I'm a big fan or something, but because i've become a devotee. :)

God sends these little children of his some day or the other to make you feel you are not just worthless shite, or just a piece of scum, but you are MEN! There's a lion roaring which you try to tame rather than let it roam free. There's a lot of happiness within you which you tend to keep hidden in the fear of losing it. That is not just the case, it's the other way round. Fortunately. :)

I'd like to tell only two lines from the video which i simply loved,

“.. I may not have hands, but i will always be able to hold your hand..”

“..Girls, You are gorgeous as you are! Boys, you are MEN!..”


He doesn't know i exist, he doesn't know he's just changed a life. All i want to say is Thank You Mr. Nick Vujicic, Thank you so very much. :')

No comments:

Post a Comment