Friday, January 8, 2010

Long or Short? o.O

Well, wait. This title doesn't echo what I'm actually thinking about, and it DOES NOT echo one bit of what you thought for the first time after reading it. :P So here it goes..

Another year gone by, leaving back traces of memories, somewhere in some corner of my mind which I'm too busy to search for. Memories, aah, get me nostalgic. Take me to another world where everything is so different and almost anything around me has a special significance to this small heart of mine. I've been there, I've done this before. My heart skips a beat. A feeling of sinking melancholia. Was it yesterday? What if it were today?

School life drawn to an end. One golden chapter of my life etched in the ventricles of my heart. From those eternally-going-on chemistry periods to those short, momentary PE periods.. Nothing of it again.. All new, unfamiliar faces.. Friends, lost somewhere in some wave of life, washed afar by the dividing stream.. that fine stream which divides illusion and reality.. Is it true? Is this not going to happen again?

Just another Sunday morning. No class, no nothing. Rotting in bed. The thought seems like a butterfly. Beautiful, colourful, I want to catch it, but I can't. What if I relived those 12 years again? I'm suddenly lifted by some mysterious Force and placed right where I want to be. Again that old feeling, I've been there, I've done that before. But what if I actually relived those 12 years?! Would they remain as special as they are to me right now?! The question, I suppose, is rhetoric. :)

Temporality, defines life, it's pleasures, it's misgivings, everything about it. Permanency is just another elusive mirage. Wordsworth was right(for a change), life is like Daffodils. Lasts one short day, one short hour, one short minute. You've got no chance to grab everything with one hand. Yet you try to take hold, try to force your hand somehow. The result, you don't even get to hold on to a bit of this sweetmeat called life. :) Life is temporary, it's dreams are short-lived. The pleasures, momentary. Take it all in, one at a time.

Finally, (i can sense a “phew!” :P) I ask myself a question. The simplest of all questions that could possibly have been raised. There is no quantum mechanics, hybridisation or integral calculus. Are shorter memories the sweeter ones? My friend asks me the same question. He/She feels the longer ones are better. They last a lifetime. I beg to differ. The shorter they are, the sweeter their taste remains.

So I sign off for now, asking you about what you feel, about how you can be more enlightened to have the biggest chunk of this walnut pie called “Life”.

Thanking you if you lasted this long,

Another temporary biggot. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment